Rowan’s Law is a concussion safety awareness and protocol which came into partial effect on July 1, 2019. It provides a framework that all athletes, coaches and trainers involved school or athletic associations in Ontario must follow.
As a participant in our speed skating club, each skater must:
1) Review the ministry approved materials for participants (Select the age appropriate content below.
- Concussion Awareness Resource (10 years and under)
- Concussion Awareness Resource (11 to 14 years)
- Concussion Awareness Resource (15 years and older)
2) Then print, sign and return the acknowledgment form to the club before starting your season.
*Note – The acknowledgement must be completed by all athletes 18 years of age or older, and by the guardians of athletes under 18 years of age.
Coaches, trainers and volunteers must adhere to additional requirements as outlined by Ontario Speed Skating