Modified Schedule and Rules starting December 2nd, 2020
Due to the change in requirements that were implemented by the city of Hamilton at the end of November each skater will have one session per week of ice time. To promote safety and limit the number of mats that are used, the groups are divided into generally older skaters on Wednesday and generally younger skaters on Thursday. Skating families received an email with their ice time allocation on December 2nd. Please contact the club via email if you have not received your allocation. There ha been a change to Wednesday skating since last week, Thursday schedule has not changed. An updated schedule is indicated below.
- 10 people may be in the arena at a time (8 skaters, 1 on ice coach, 1 off ice emergency contact)
- The 1 off ice adult that is allowed in the building will change weekly to allow those interested to participate. They will be responsible for assisting the coach in the case of an on-ice emergency. Dress warm as you are required to be located on the players bench at ice level.
- PARENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED BEYOND THE BUILDING ENTRANCE
- Skaters should enter with all equipment on that requires parental assistance.
- Young skaters that can not tie their own skates should enter with their skates on and will be directed down the ramp by facility officials.
- DO NOT WALK ON THE STAIRS WITH SKATES ON.
- To assist with Mats, Parents must walk around the outside of the building to the back doors.
- Masks are required by all people inside the building.
- Hands must be sanitized when entering the building as well as before and after handling mats.
Cohort/Group 1 (Older Skaters) – Chedoke Arena
- Session 1 – Wednesday: 4:00-5:15pm – Starting Dec 2, 2020
- Session 2 – Wednesday: 5:45-7:00pm – Starting Dec 2, 2020
Cohort/Group 2 (Younger Skaters) – Chedoke Arena
- Session 1 – Thursday: 4:30-5:30pm – Starting Nov 26, 2020
- Session 2 – Thursday: 6:00-7:00pm – Starting Nov 26, 2020